10 Best WordPress Hosting for 2021
- Get your WordPress website up and running quick and easy
- Guarantee full availability with up to 99.99% uptime
- Outrank competitors with the fastest loading speeds
- Install and integrate WordPress with one simple click
Best value for money WordPress hosting service
Most optimized for and recommended by WordPress
Industry leading all in one website solution
Affordable Premium managed WordPress hosting
Very powerful, reliable and easy to use
Amazingly affordable service by one of most popular domain registrars
A reliable and practical go-to for small-medium sized businesses
Every successful website needs a powerful hosting provider, and that naturally applies to WordPress sites as much as any. Check out our comparison of the best WordPress hosting services and discover the best option for your site.
But first, let us answer a couple of questions:
Why WordPress hosting?
As the most popular CMS (Content Management System) and website building software on the planet, WordPress powers more than 40% of all websites.
Being an open-source free software has a lot to do with it: you can download, install, and customize it to create any kind of website that suits your needs. A variety of users and developers frequently contribute with unique themes, widgets, and plug-ins, adding extra functionality.
Any hosting service can do the job of storing your site’s files, so why WordPress hosting and not some other option?
Because using a WordPress hosting service alongside your WordPress website will optimize your site’s performance and results.
A regular web host offers a more generalized service by catering to a wide range of site builders and platforms.
With WordPress hosting, you get a niche, targeted hosting with security protocols and features specifically designed and optimized for the WordPress platform, making it a faster and more secure option.
The great news is that the demand for WordPress has practically forced every hosting company worth their salt to offer WordPress hosting. There is no shortage of options when it comes to your budget and requirements.
This brings us to our next question:
What makes for a great WordPress hosting provider?
Choosing the best WordPress hosting for your WordPress site is a hugely important and challenging task. But – once you get familiar with what you should look for, it’ll be a lot easier.
There are certain features that absolutely must be assessed and compared for any WordPress hosting service:
- Guaranteed uptime: nothing is more important than knowing you can rely on your hosting provider to keep your site up and running 24/7. That is why the better bunch of providers offers at least 99.9% website uptime – don’t accept anything below it.
- Ease of use: everything should be clear and simple to navigate, whether it’s to access the control panel remotely, make basic tweaks, or perform a bit more advanced configurations.
- Customer support: being available round-the-clock is a must, preferably on multiple support channels, such as phone support, live chat, email, and so on.
- Price: depending on your budgetary constraints, you need to take into account features that really matter to you. Some will sound nice enough to shell out a few extra bucks each month for and be worth it, others likely won’t.
- Hosting plans: the host should accommodate your business size, type, and needs with their packages, and ideally, grow with you as your needs change.
Here are the most common hosting plans:
- Shared hosting: entry-level WordPress hosting that is also among the most popular ones due to its affordability. It offers hosting via a single shared server used by multiple clients where resources are shared as needed, which also makes it the least secure and reliable plan.
- VPS hosting: similar to shared hosting, a virtual private server (VPS) shares a server between other users but with a predefined allocation of resources always available for use. This is a great option for businesses that have a tight budget but receive plenty of traffic and want more control.
- E-commerce hosting: specifically tailored for online sales via a WordPress site. Usually comes with sales-oriented features such as shopping cart, credit card processing, and increased security to protect buyer information.
- Dedicated hosting: the top-tier package that guarantees full control over a server, managed by either you or the provider (for a certain fee). While this is the most expensive option, it is also the most flexible one as it offers full customization to optimize performance and scale your business.
If you need more help on choosing the right hosting provider, go to our “How to Choose” page or read the reviews of different tools on the table above.
To learn about the different web hosting types, visit our “Web hosting 101” page